Upgrading a virtual machine to the latest hardware version in VMware esxi
The previous step are:
1. Be sure you have the same build version in esxi host. If not, run a scan with Update Manager and update all important patches
2. Upgrade Vmware Tools, because might lose network settings if they are not on the latest version
2. Take a Snapshot before upgrade hardware version
Start Vsphere Client or Vsphere Web and log in vCenter Server Client and perform a power off
- In the vSphere Client, the option is Upgrade Virtual Hardware.
- In the vSphere Web Client, the option is Compatibility > Upgrade VM Compatibility.
Note: The Upgrade Virtual Hardware or Upgrade VM Compatibility options only appear if the virtual hardware on the virtual machine is not the latest supported version and in addition the esxi host has the latest updates.
VMware Esxi firewall commands
Although this option allows you to put rules relatively easy, many times this rules areRead More
Checking vSphere Flash Read Cache
Sometimes we need to check that everything is working fine with SSD. In order toRead More